Tier 1 Investor visa
UK Tier 1 Investor visa
You can apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if:
- you want to invest £1,000,000 or more in the UK
- you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- you meet the other eligibility requirements (see below)
- You must have access to at least £1,000,000 in investment funds to apply
Need more information?[inbound_forms id=”283″ name=”Auto Draft”]
Being granted residency or citizenship status in the UK gives you access to a world of exclusive benefits, including:
- A diverse and multicultural society represented by large cultural and ethnic communities;
- A superior standard of education, a broad network of state and private schools, and more than 150 universities and higher education institutions;
- One of the best free medical care services in the world;
- A member of the G8;
- A key member of the EU, which means greater business opportunities throughout Europe;
- An unrivalled financial business center (London);
- An attractive tax regime for high net worth investors classed as “UK resident, non-domicile”;
- The travel mobility and security of a UK passport.
Offered through our joint venture with a UK-authorized financial institution, the UK Immigrant Investor Program is a three-tiered system enabling people who invest at a higher level to be granted residency sooner. To qualify for the program, you will need to meet one of the three investment requirements outlined in the “Investment Process” section.
Other qualification criteria
In addition to making a financial investment, applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Be able to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependents without taking employment (outside of self-employment or business);
- Make the UK your main home. You will need to spend at least 50% of your time there (6 out of 12 months) to maintain your visa status.
Applicants must invest no less than 75% of the specified investment amount of their capital in the UK by way of UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies. The remaining 25% should be invested in the UK either by purchasing assets or by maintaining the money deposited in a UK-regulated financial institution.
As shown in the table below, the higher the investment (and therefore the net personal assets required), the faster the applicant will obtain their stay for settlement (ILR).
If you have lived in the UK for five or more years, you are eligible to apply for UK citizenship as long as you meet the following residency requirements:
- You have been absent from the country for no more than 90 days (three months) in the 12 months preceding the application. The total number of days spent outside of the UK for the entire five-year qualifying period should not exceed 450 days (i.e. three months of every year, or 75 percent of your time);
- You are of good moral character and are not in breach of any immigration laws;
- You can demonstrate a good knowledge of UK life and culture, and a basic level of English or Welsh, or Scottish Gaelic languages.
Investment Option One
|FULL INVESTMENT:||£2 million|
|STAY FOR SETTLEMENT (ILR):||5 years|
Investment Option Two
|FULL INVESTMENT:||£5 million|
|STAY FOR SETTLEMENT (ILR):||3 years|
Investment Option Three
|FULL INVESTMENT:||£10 million|
|STAY FOR SETTLEMENT (ILR):||2 years|
- ARTON INDEX SCORE 52%
Updated yearly, the Arton Index is an overall assessment and comparative benchmark of the country and its investment program.
FAQ 1: I WANT TO APPLY AS AN INVESTOR WITH MY SPOUSE AND CHILD. IF I DON’T FEEL THAT I CAN MEET THE RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS, CAN I MAKE MY SPOUSE THE MAIN APPLICANT IN MY TIER 1 INVESTOR APPLICATION?
FAQ 2: IF MY CHILD IS OVER 18 YEARS WHEN WE ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR ILR, CAN S/HE STILL BE INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION?
FAQ 3: DOES A UK INVESTOR UNDERGO A MEDICAL CHECK AS OTHER COUNTRIES REQUIRE?
|Program Name||Tier 1 (investor) Category|
|Avg. Processing Time||1-2 months|
|What is granted upon (a) approval of the initial application and (b) any subsequent extension(s) of the initial Visa||(a) 3 – year Entry Clearance Visa,(b) renewed for anAdditional 2 years(if only 1 million in Qualified investments)|
|What is achieved upon maturity of the Investment period||Indefinite Leave to Remain (i.e. Permanent Residence)|
|Equivalent Investment Amount|
|Investment Period||5/3/2 years|
|Investment Risk?||Applicant can choose guaranteed investments|
|Minimum Net Worth Requirement||2,000,000 PNW If financing|
|Business Experience Required||NO|
|Investment Return provided to Applicant?||yes|
Get In Touch.
If you are interested in getting relevant information, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!